.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

It's About Time

Basic idea is~ Witty, self amusing, Single Mom, with a teenage daughter, wants to write murder mysteries, historical romances, humor, self help ... be published, become monetarily self sufficiant, and quit her day job. Can she? Will She?

Welcome to my Writing blog, former home of my NaNoWriMo Blog. I hate typing, can't spell, and have horrid punctuation skills. But I gotta do this, so read on or click the X, either way is fine by me.

Dibs on pen name Aurora Kamber.

Monday, November 01, 2004

480 WORDS

Good Grief, I really should have learned how to use MSWORD before I started this. Anybody know how to shut off the little green and red underlining, to double space automatically, and not have the first letter of each word on the double spaced line be a capital????


The beginning:

It was the best of times… No, can’t use that one. It was a dark and stormy night, can’t use that one either. I laughed as I lifted my fingers from the keyboard. Everyone knows the that the first sentence of a novel is the most important. That was of course only one of many reasons why I had not started writing before this day. So forget the first sentence and just start writing. Heck, I can always add a first sentence after I am finished. After all this is my book and not some assignment for “Creative Writing 101”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home